Friday, May 8, 2009

Visit day 3


Well another gloriously exhausting day! We got to Spassk just in time for the kids two Groupa's to put on an encore presentation of their Victory Day song and dance program. K was decked out in a beautiful lime green dress with white stockings and I. was wearing a very fancy white shirt and dress shorts with white stocking on too. The music teacher did a repeat performence just for us and I taped the whole thing...it will be priceless to a little girl and boy someday. It was so cool seeing both Groupa's performing both singing and dancing. K is a great little dancer. I. was right in there with his groupa singing away...they are too little to dance. After the performance the kids changed clothes and Gloria and K jumped into making bead jewelery. She loved it! She was great at it too, stringing two bracelets and a necklace in no time flat! I. and I (got that?) started right in on painting a little wooden train project kit that we brought. After a few minutes of instruction he grabbed the brush and started painting away! He sat in the chair for about an hour painting the 10 or so parts that were in the kit. K jumped in to help after she finished stringing her beads. Before we new it it was time for the kids lunch and nap. We went to lunch and visited the 6 room Museum in Spassk. Each room had its own theme and you had to pay to see each room...you could see all if you wanted but had to pay the individual price for each...and an extra charge to take any pictures. We then went back to the Social Workers office to show them Keegans video...he made a "G" version of MTV cribs for the kids to show them our home and introduce him to them...(K loved it!) and we showed her the photo album that we gave each of the kids copies of. The Social Workers in Spassk are wonderful to work with and truly are looking out for the best interest of the kids here. The afternoon visit started with I. and I, putting together the train project we had painted in the morning. He is fascinated with Wheels, trucks, cars anything with wheels and he loved getting to put the wheels on the train, he kept asking "my train right?" in Russian. While the two of us did that Gloira and K were fixing one of her bracelets that broke during nap time...Then we each did a Lego project that we had brought, I worked with K and Gloria with I...more wheels on I's truck and he loved it. K and I put together a lego airplane...about half way through she said "My plane right"...ah ha open door, let me take advantage...I immediately asked her if she would like to fly in an airplane someday...Dah! was the answer. I told her that Gloria and I wanted her to be our daughter and would take her on a plane ride to our home someday. A HUGE SMILE!!!!! She gets it! I. on the other hand..I think is a little to young to quite understand. Well then we got news that our request for visitation for Saturday was denied (More details upon completion of adoption) and we needed to wrap up our visit. We talked to the kids about being our daughter and son, K was all smiles, Dah! was her response along with big hugs for Gloria. I. was not quite sure what was going on...a few tears later (by us) and we gave the kids the pillows with our pictures on them and took them to their rooms to put them on their beds (K throwing her old one on the floor) and said our final goodbyes (so we thought). We started to leave and got a...wait a minute you can visit tomorrow and please take the kids for a walk for a while...We took them out back to the Detski Dom playgroud and played with Silly string for a while till all of the other kids wanted to join in...Then we opted to save the Silly String for tomorrow and just held the kids. I. was in my arms and all smiles while his groupa mates saw him with his new Dada and Mama he was so proud and a little selfish about sharing our attention. We walked around and held them and hugged until it was time for them to go back inside. Put them down and gave kisses and sent them inside with their Groupa's knowing they will see us tomorrow...

2 comments:

Amy said...

That's great news! Many of the orphanages are technically not "open" on the weekend -- so your visit is a BIG DEAL mom and dad!!!

Unknown said...

wow - definitely shed some tears reading this. it is absolutely moving. i'm so happy for you guys.

cuz debbie