Thursday, July 30, 2009

Still waiting..............

Well another week goes by (12 and counting). Still no court date! We did find out that the judge asked for some additional different paperwork from us. They got our State Police Clearance form and there was some sentence on it she didn't like. I guess it doesn't matter that we are not criminals or have any criminal record for that matter, but she did not like the wording of one sentence on the form. So we have to get new ones that are acceptable to the judge. They are supposed to be overnighted and then apostilled and in Russia by Monday for delivery to the court on Tuesday. I guess we wait from there.

Please say a few prayers for us! We can use all we can get!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

The wait is excruciating, isn't it?

Bill and Michelle Curran said...

What is the hold up? Was the Judge on Holiday???

Heather said...

I am sorry you are having to deal with such ridiculous requests from the judge. I will pray for you, and I will specifically pray that the judge (and all people that are part of the adoption process) remember that they have the power to unite children with their families and the SOONER the better in this case!

Amy said...

I had a similiar experience. Hurry up and wait. Now - wait. Yup wait more.

Clarese said...

Any update? I hope things are moving forward!