Tuesday, August 18, 2009

More setbacks.....

Well we found out today that the judge/prosecutor does not like the last page of our home study! Our agency is working on a new document today. Of course this causes another week's delay as documents can only be submitted to court on Tuesday's. Also it will take 3-5 days to get it apostilled, sent to Seattle then overnighted to Vladivostok. Hopefully it will get there in time to be submitted on the 25th....Looks like we are into September now before we will get back over there. Needless to say we are a bit upset and are sending the kids a message to let them know we will be even later...

12 comments:

The C. Crew said...

I am so sorry! How frustrating! Being able to communicate with the kids that you are still coming is a very wise idea. We had to do the same with Andrew.

Todd and Jana said...

I am so sorry to hear that!

Claude said...

You don't know me, but I read your blog with interest because my wife & I are waiting for a referral from Russia.

It's sad to think that so many orphans wait so long in orphanages or in foster care for a forever family due to the hurdles imposed by bureaucrats in both countries. We hope you get to court soon, finalize your adoption and come home as a family as soon as possible.

Best of luck to you...Claude & Lori

Sarah said...

All I can say is...Ugh!!!
Hope you get your court date soon.

Nancy said...

Oh, man!!!! Ugh. Ugh! Can you get a special rush apostille?

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm just catching up and I am so sorry to hear this news. We'll be praying for a quick turnaround so you don't have to wait much longer.

Laura said...

They don't like the last page of your Homestudy???? ARRGGG. Hang in there and soon you'll have your kiddos home....in His time.

~Laura :)

Amy said...

UGH!!! I hate it when these things happen -- but at least you know there is progress... slowly but surely, progress!!

I still owe you an email...

Clarese said...

Ugh! That really stinks. I hope this is the last obstacle for you.

Anonymous said...

How is your dossier time-line holding up? I see on your blog that you sent it almost nine months ago. I'm so sorry that you have been waiting that long. It seems so crazy, especially right now when adoptions in that region seem to be going so smoothly. I hope it all works out and that this is the last little bump in your journey.

I guess on the possitive side, you've had lots of time to develop language skills!

Laura said...

Still no news??? I know - not yet otherwise you'd be posting with "!!!"'s all over the place.

Just wanted to check in and let you know I've got my fingers crossed that you hear something SOON.

~Laura

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about the delay.
Any updates?