Sergei that is...................our driver. We really missed him! He is a lot of fun! And his English is getting better and better. The morning was uneventful. The nice part of the morning was that we got to spend time with our blogger friends, Michelle and Bill Curran. It was great to just talk. We do not get much time to do that in the evenings because we get back so late. Kenny and Bill went to exchange money and Michelle and I sat in line waiting for the notary to open. No surprises on the updated medicals. After the notary, we took the Currans back to the VMI and dropped them of so they could go visit their little guy. Now we were on our way to Spassk. The ride was uneventful and we were in a few traffic jams but we made it there around 3PM. "I" was still napping and "K" was on a field trip with her group. Not long after we arrived the caregiver woke up "I" and he came into see us. We could tell he was still tired, so we helped him get dressed and he sat on my lap afterword for a while. We were going to take him outside as soon as he had his snack and wait for his sister to arrive so we could go to a local park. So after his snack, we went outside and played with his tractor and then some bubbles. "I" loves machines and such and they are working on the road near the Detski Dom so Kenny and "I" went by the fence to watch. Two boys in heaven looking and talking about road graders and such. It was very cute to watch. "I" pointing and then talking all about it. When the boys were done watching the machines, we tried playing with chalk on the blacktop. Kenny and I drew some cute pictures, "I" was more interested in looking at it and seeing how it worked. He did draw lines but wanted to understand how it worked more. It was a beautiful day in Spassk and the weather was nice. While playing bubbles again, "K" 's group came around the corner from their field trip. She waved at us in excitement. When they got to the Deski Dom she ran over to us and gave me a hug. Remember small victories! We played outside for a little while with the bubbles. The caregiver asked Kenny to take a picture of "K" 's group so he did and now we are trying to figure out how to get it printed for her. We had to leave the Detski Dom by 530 so the kids could have dinner. "K" did not get there until 5 so our visit with her was very short and she let us know in her own way that she didn't like that. We told her we would be back tomorrow and get to play more. So "K" went off with her caregiver and we took "I" back to his group that was outside doing yard work. Remember on the first day when we said "I" had his head down and was fidgeting with his fingers, well when we were taking him back to his group, the head went down and the finger fidgeting began. The caregiver said "He doesn't want to leave you". Again a small victory! Gotta love them! We are going early today to the Detski Dom to visit the kids because we have to have a mock court session with Tanya this evening around 6PM. So until later......
Paka from Russia
2 comments:
So glad to hear everything is going well and the nice weather is still around this week.
Will be thinking of you as you head to court!!!
I can't believe "I" already does yard work. What a catch!
Post a Comment