Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday

Keegan went to school - not that he wanted to, he wanted to stay home with his brother and sister. Kenny stayed home and I was there too! It was a great day! Kristina got up around 845 and John got up around 940. Kenny thought he was going to sleep all day. We had breakfast and then went to do a little shopping. Went to Sam's to pick up some "kid foods" and then onto Wal-Mart for Halloween costumes! Kristina is going to be Double Trouble (Half devil/half angel) and John is going to be a yellow transformer. Not either of the kids first choice - but what do you expect shopping two days before Halloween. By the end of the shopping trip, Kenny was feeling bad so we went home and he slept until dinner time. I took the kids and we went and picked up the big brother from school. The kids were very excited to see him and when he got into the car, Kristina called him by his name for the first time. Big smile on the big boy again! We got home and Keegan let the kids ride their bikes and play outside in the back yard with just him. Did I ever mention, that Keegan was going to be a great big brother? So dinner time came and Kenny got up and was feeling much better. Dinner for five! It was very nice! After dinner Keegan's best friend Danny came over to meet the kids - he also is very excited about teaching the kids new things. Then our normal routine for the evening - hang out and then bath time. We haven't done story time just yet that is going to be shortly. Right know, Kenny and Kristina are playing with the slot machine and John is sitting in the recliner with Keegan watching a movie and holding his hand. Keegan also got his first little brother kisses although they were on his hand. I told him that's okay - that is the only way I have gotten them too! One more thing about a smiling big brother, the kids have been calling him Keegan since we got home from his school today. When Danny left this evening, I heard him and Keegan talking about how fun it is at our house again! What a wonderful thing to hear from two 15 year old boys! Well, it's story time and then bed time. So until later....................Good Night from the very happy Duda House.

8 comments:

Tracey and Chuck said...

So happy to see your post this morning. I have been waiting...what about pics of the homecoming??? Sooo glad to hear that all went well on the flights home and the family is back together!!!! Keep coming with the updates...love reading and seeing how the kids are doing!!!

Tracey and Chuck said...

So happy to see your post this morning. I have been waiting...what about pics of the homecoming??? Sooo glad to hear that all went well on the flights home and the family is back together!!!! Keep coming with the updates...love reading and seeing how the kids are doing!!!

Unknown said...

Both Wed and Thur postings have brought tears to my eyes, joyful tears. It sounds like the kids all of them) are adjusting very well. Great job mama! Welcome Home.
Dawn Levreau

Troy and Rachel said...

Welcome Home and I am so glad the kids did so great on the plane rides home. Keegan sounds like an excellent big brother! And it def. sounds like you have a very happy house!!!

Clarese said...

How wonderful! Welcome home. I'm happy to read such a great update :)

Bill and Michelle Curran said...

Michelle and I loved reading your updates from home! Isn't it great to be home! Anyway, we are so glad you guys are doing well. Sounds like the kids are like fish in water at the Duda house.

Heather said...

Such a great post! Welcome back to the midwest!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home and Congratulations! So glad everything is going so smoothly. They are adorable children, what a wonderful life you have for them. Let's see those new pictures! :)

Peggy