Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tomorrow is the day!

Another beautiful day in Spassk. We arrived at the Detski Dom around 11AM. “K” was in school so we took “I” to the park. We played with bubbles, the beach ball, and a basketball. We watched as “I” went both up and down the slides. He found it very fun to let his Mach 5 car go down the slide first. If you remember from our first visit, we took the kids to this same park and “I” wasn’t real sure about being there. Not today – he loved it! He wanted to try all of the slides and rides except the teeter tauter. We needed to head back to the Detski Dom for 12:30 so “I” could have lunch and then we could wait for “K” to finish with school. We were waiting for “I” and “K” to return to the room and get to play. Soon they were back. We gave “K” a puzzle to do. We were told yesterday that she loved to do puzzles. She did a great job! The kids also got yo-yo’s and thought they were very cool. “K” also was using stickers to decorate some papers and we found out that she really likes to play with stickers. Our translator told her that Mama and Papa had a some stickers at the hotel for her to play with when we get there on the 20th. She was very excited and said Da! From the other side of the room, “I” says “what about me?” (in Russian of course) Another small victory. Then we pulled out some books to read to the kids, Kenny worked with “K” and I worked with “I”. They were simple picture books with words and colors. Kenny and “K” had quite the thing going. Kenny would say the word in English, “K” in Russian and then Kenny in Russian and “K” would giggle at his pronunciation. Kenny tried to get “K” to say the words in English but we do not think she is ready for that just yet. “K” also asked her Papa to pick her up so she could look for something on the top shelf. Again another small victory. When it was time to leave, both kids gave both of us hugs good-bye. More small victories! We will not get to visit the kids tomorrow because we have our court hearing at 2PM (Remember that is 10PM Thursday night at home). We will be able to visit the kids on Saturday. So for now we will let you go. Tomorrow is a big day for the Duda Family! Please say an extra prayer that the Judge says “Da” to us becoming a family of five!

8 comments:

Tracey and Chuck said...

We will be thinking of you on your court day!!!

Troy and Rachel said...

You all will do fine! So glad you are all doing well! Can't wait to see the good news!

amy said...

Everything sounds awesome! Sending positive thoughts your way for court!

Laura said...

Wishing you all the best for court and we look forward to hearing from the new parents!!

~Laura :)

Shelly and Steve said...

I'm sure it will go smoothly and you'll be sooo happy to have it behind you. You'll be in my thoughts!!

Elizabeth said...

We are thinking about you guys. God Speed at court!

Clarese said...

I'll be thinking of you guys!

Nancy said...

Thinking of you...can't wait to hear how it goes!