Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday

Left the hotel at 7AM to go visit the kids. I was disappointed when we got there. "I" was on a field trip and would not return until noon and then would have to have lunch. I knew "K" would still be in school and not return until 12:30 and then she would have to eat lunch. So we left the Detski Dom and went to find the place for the passport photos. In the meantime, the social worker called and asked for a ride just out of town. So we did that and then stopped at a little cafe for lunch. (Yes I am eating real Russian food). After lunch, we went back to the Detski Dom and I got to play with "I" for a while until "K" came. Then we were off to get their passport pictures taken. That was a success. "I" doesn't like cameras anyway so him not smiling was an easy task. "K" doesn't mind the camera but was told not to smile. She may not like the picture later but it works for what we need it for. After the pictures, we had a little while before we had to leave so we stopped at a little park and took pictures of some monuments. Today for the first time, I saw "I" scared of something. In the park, there was a cannon like monument. I tried to put him up there so he could look at it and he wanted nothing to do with it. Held on tightly to my neck and wouldn't let go. So no problem, we took the picture of the three of us near it not on it. We had to have the kids back by 2:00 so it was a short visit day. Hopefully, the next visit Friday will be longer. So until later.................
Paka from Russia

1 comment:

Troy and Rachel said...

Glad you are doing okay and that the visit finally worked out. I'm sorry that I was scared on the monument but it's good that he clung to you for comfort!