Friday, April 23, 2010
Getting it off my chest....
I was just reading another blog (Cupcake and Caseys) and there was an entry about some of those stupid conversations that us adoptive parents have with people...you know those questions that really make you want to reach out, slap the person and say "do you hear what you are saying?" Ok so here's the question that I despise the most regarding our kids..."Are they brother and sister?" Immediately the hair on the back of my neck stands up!!!! I get that surge of adrenalin and have to work hard to control my response. My mouth opens to reply and I really want to say something like "no you idiot they are cousins!" or "Well we adopted them both so what the H#$% do you think?". Typically I take a deep breath and reply with just a simple "Yes", but oh so tempted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm with you on this.
I get so frustrated with people when they ask such rude and insensitive questions.
Sometimes I try to smile, and reply back to them with a question: “Why do you ask?”
Post a Comment