Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Together for six months.....

Yesterday was the six month anniversary of our "gotcha day"! I was so busy at work I actually forgot what the date was. Kenny is still in Orlando (Lucky him!) for work so it was just the four of us. Keegan and John had t-ball practice and Kristina and I worked on her homework. She needed to read the story from her Reading book. She also received her 4th quarter progress report. She is now receiving a grade in each subject except Spelling. So she got grades in reading, phonics, math, science, social studies and individual writing. We are so super proud of her, she is really picking it all up. We got a note from her teacher, that she is learning to tell time and has mastered the hour and half hour concept. Yesterday, she also used a dictionary to look up words for reading class. According to the assistant t-ball coach, John had his best practice yet! Kenny is the head coach, but he is out of town. John is still doing very well in pre-school and looking forward to his field trip to Elwood School to see his kindergarten room and meet the teacher. Keegan is always a big help with the kids. He is even helping coach John's t-ball team with his Dad. His grades are wonderful as always and he is looking forward to his birthday on May 27th so he can get his driver's license. Wow really, where has the time gone?

Can we say it loud enough....................WE ARE SO SUPER PROUD OF ALL THREE OF OUR KIDS!!!!! Thank you guys for making our life complete!!!

I have been unable to discuss the whole Torry Hansen fiasco and that really hasn't changed. I am so terribly angry and mortified that someone could do that to a child. We adopted our kids right after she adopted him. How could she not look for help or ask for help? That is what I do not understand. I get sick to my stomach even thinking about it. Because of her, so many children's lives are in limbo. A blogger friend has informed me that the judge in her case will not set a court date until she gets married. Torry Hansen was a single mother so this judge won't let another single mother get a court date until she gets married. Her and her fiance' wanted to wait to get married until she brought their boys (4 & 9) home. She has to re-do the home study after the marriage. They waited to get married because they were told that Russia looks badly on newlyweds adopting to soon. She is devastated. I can't blame her one bit. The other part that really bothers me, is the ignorance of people, the press, etc. Not all adoptions end badly. For the most part, they work great. Look at ours, we could not be happier! Sorry for the rambling.....this is why I have a hard time even typing about it.

So until later........................

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Congrats on 6 months! What great kids!

Tracey and Chuck said...

6 months - wow!!! That went fast!!! So glad to hear how great the kids are doing and the Disney trip is right around the corner...what fun that will be!!!

Bill and Michelle Curran said...

It's hard to believe that it was just six months ago that we were practicing for court together, then "high fiving" and hugging afterwards. Sounds like everyone is doing so well!

Heather said...

Time sure flies! Sounds like everyone is doing great!

Neva Cole said...

A big congrats to you! Isn't it great how quickly they are soaking up the language. Every day it amazes me that our kids understand new words and use them correctly! As for Ms. H . . . I too have had a lot of anger at someone I don't even know!

Bill and Michelle Curran said...

It seems like 6 months sometimes, and other times it seems like yesterday! Glad to hear all is well with the Duda clan!
Michelle (1st comment by Bill)

Troy and Rachel said...

Wow - 6 months already!! Sounds like they are doing great!!! You all too!!