Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday

Was a visit day! The ride to Spassk was like the rest have been - uneventful. On the way this time, we had to stop and pick up some things for the good-bye tea party. I was in charge of the fruit, cookies and candy. How fun is that? We stopped by a grocery store and picked up some apples, candy and cookies. Neither Elena (translator) or Sergey (driver) liked the look of the pears so we did not buy any. And the store itself had no bananas, so off to the wholesale market down the street from the grocery store. Interesting in itself. They charged us 30 rubles ($1.00) to drive in. Then Sergey found the best place to buy bananas and pears. He came back to the van and said that I could go with him but I was not allowed to speak. If they knew I was American I would not get any deal on the fruit. So all of you that know me, know that was a feat in itself, me not saying a word. Well we accomplished that and got a case of bananas and pears for less than $20.00. What a deal! Then off to the Children's Home! The room was all set up for a tea party. Tables and chairs set up for about 32 children and me. They set up another table for the adults, but no I sat with the kids. Wouldn't have it any other way. We had a lot of fun. All of the kids were very excited to get their pictures taken and with digital cameras you get to show them right away. Kids can be such hams! I took video of the tea party and most of the kids waved to the camera, there were a couple of shy ones. After we were done with the tea party, the kids danced. They danced for a little while and then the Dudas went into another room for a little alone time. I think the kids really like it when it is just us playing. They feel they don't have to share me then. It was the same way when their Papa was there too! They liked to be with just us. Which brings me to my final comment. Tuesday is Gotcha Day! I will start off the day, going to the notary, the office of vital statistics, and the passport office then on to Spassk to pick up our son and daughter forever! So until then........Paka from Russia!

1 comment:

Tracey and Chuck said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day!!! Can't wait to see pictures on Gotcha Day!!!! Before you know it, your time in Vlad will be coming to an end and you will be headed back to the good 'old USA!!!! I am sure you can't wait!!! Thinking of you!